From rigorous academics to character-building co-curriculars, faith is present in every aspect of a Maranatha Christian Academy education. Students grow scholastically and personally in a compassionate, family environment, where Christ is the cornerstone. We deliver academics rooted in Biblical truth, raising students who are confident in their knowledge and confident in their faith.
The mission of Maranatha Christian Academy is to train and equip students for life and for service to Jesus Christ through a Biblical worldview, character development, and academic excellence.
We believe that a Christian education ought to strive to be the very best education, for this not only glorifies the Lord, (1 Corinthians 10:31; Colossians 3:17) but starts with the Lord (Proverbs 9:10). Further, the chief method that the Lord uses in educating believers is His own Word (Psalms 19; 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
Our vision is to pursue excellence in all we do as we partner with parents and the local church to develop world changing young people. In an educational environment that emphasizes that each student should have a vibrant relationship with Jesus led by the Holy Spirit, we richly equip students with Biblical wisdom, help them form godly character and enable them to achieve academic distinction. Our students are thereby transformed to have an impact like Moses, Daniel and Paul. Being so transformed, our students leverage critical thought, Christ-like character and servant's hands to proclaim Jesus Christ and to revitalize their world (Romans 12:1-2.)
"Going to Maranatha allowed me to grow deeper in my faith and to learn more Christ's heart toward me. My wise and God-honoring teachers have inspired me to follow in their footsteps by going into the field of education. I am forever grateful to MCA for the lessons I've learned and the friendships I've made."
MCA Graduate, Faith O'Keith
Statement of Faith
Maranatha Academy is a ministry of Eastern Kansas Christian Schools and is interdenominational in its attitude and emphasis. The school stands and operates firmly on the changeless Word of God as expressed in the following statement of historic evangelical Christianity:
Maranatha Christian Academy (MCA) is a ministry of Eastern Kansas Christian Schools and is interdenominational in its attitude and emphasis. The school stands and operates firmly on the changeless Word of God as expressed in the following statement of historic evangelical Christianity:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, and inerrant Word of God (II Tim. 3:15, II Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:1; Matt. 28:19: John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33);
• His virgin birth (Is. 7:14; Matt. 1:23; Luke 1:35);
• His sinless life (Heb. 4:15, 7:26);
• His miracles (John 2:11);
• His vicarious and atoning death (I Cor. 15:3; Eph. 1:7; Heb. 2:9);
• His resurrection (John 11:25; I Cor. 15:4);
• His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and
• His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Rev. 19:11).
- We believe that God is the Creator of all things, including mankind. Men and women were created by God. (Genesis 1 & 2, John 1: 1-5)
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ; and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24; Rom. 3:23, 5:8-9; Eph. 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that they are saved unto the resurrection of life; and that they are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (John 5:28-29).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Rom. 8:9; I Cor. 12:12-13; Gal. 3:26-28).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Rom. 8:13-14; I Cor. 3:16, 6:19-20; Eph. 4:30, 5:18).
- We believe that God wonderfully foreordained and immutably created each person as either wholly male or wholly female in conformity with their biological sex. The sex of a person at birth is their sex as God does not make mistakes. These two distinct yet complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27).
- We believe that the term marriage has only one meaning: the God-created sacrament or union of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive, covenant commitment, as delineated in Scripture (Numbers 30:2, Genesis 2:18-25, and James 5:12), distinguished by sexual exclusivity, permanence and devotion to their good and to the welfare of any children within the family.
- We believe that God intends for sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Corinthians 6:18, 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God’s command is that there be no sexual intimacy outside of or apart from the man-woman marriage relationship.
- We believe in the sanctity of all human life, including the pre-born from conception, and consider each person to be of infinite value and each life a gift from God to be cherished, nurtured and redeemed (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 9:6; Psalm 139:13-16; Luke 1:44).
- We believe that when disputes, disagreements, or other offenses arise among members of the body of Christ, it is a matter of grave concern for the whole body. Conflicts that occur in the body should be resolved promptly (Matthew 5:23-24; Ephesians 4:26-27). We believe God calls us to proceed with one another with “the same attitude that was in Christ Jesus,” (Philippians 2:5) and to follow Biblical principles for conflict resolution (Matthew 18).
M Magnify Christ in Worship, Word, and Deed
C Create Vibrant Christian Character
A Achieve Academic Distinction
E Pursue Excellence in Everything
A Actively Serve Others
G Give Generously
L Build Leaders to Become World Changers
E Ensure a Safe, Nurturing, and Consistent Environment
S Encourage School Spirit
Statement of Final Authority
MCA recognizes God as the final authority in all things. God has chosen to present Himself and All of His truth in the Holy Scriptures, The Holy Bible. The Holy Bible therefore serves as the final authority in all matters in the administration and operation of Maranatha Christian Academy.
The direct administrator is the authority at MCA on a day to day basis. Within the schools, the Principal is the decision maker, under the authority and guidance of the Head of School and ultimately the School Board.
The Head of School is the final authority at MCA, under the authority and guidance of the School Board, and is ultimately responsible to the Lord Jesus Christ. As Truman’s desk plaque said, “The Buck Stops Here.” At MCA, the Buck Stops at the Head of School.