As we discussed last spring, exciting times are being experienced at Maranatha Christian Academy. We have much to rejoice in and to give God the glory. He has moved in miraculous ways. There is a wonderful old hymn titled “Count Your Blessings” that encourages us to count our blessings naming them one by one. So here we go!
- Alumni have shared stories of how God is using them to share the Gospel and bless mankind. We’ll share some of those stories in upcoming Matters.
- Students shared how they have used their summer time to serve God in KC and around the world.
- God poured out a huge material blessing through Our Father’s House in the form of chairs, desks, and other furniture that can be seen in every classroom from preschool through 12th grade.
- God added two new members to the Board this summer who have already begun contributing: Bobbie O’Keith and Brian Howell.
- Technology is showing up in new and exciting ways in classrooms. We have interactive whiteboards and new tools that will help all faculty and staff communicate and collaborate more effectively with students, parents and each other.
- Our enrollment for this year is up 14 students over the end of last year. We start the year with 451 students (90 new students) K-12. Preschool continues to run at close to capacity.
- New programs have begun that will enable us to be more intentional in developing world changers for Christ. Specifically the inaugural class of the Student Leadership Institute has met twice already. They have learned the biblical model of leadership and established a purpose for their leadership this year.
- Our facilities have received several wonderful upgrades: the Secondary lunch room is totally remodeled and has a kitchen installed in it, the South elementary hall has new lights and paint and will soon have a hallway dedicated to honoring His-story including the stories behind the murals that used to be on the walls.
- We have 13 new faculty and staff across the Academy. The bring new personalities, energy and perspective to a wonderful staff that is eager to teach Kingdom Education.
- We have a new LIFT program in the high school. This program will pilot an effort to work with students who would benefit from additional challenges above and beyond the normal academic programs.
- Additional parents are stepping up to serve and to lead community-building activities, fundraising efforts, prayer teams, classroom support and blessing our teachers.
I know there will be more stories to share soon. We can count on it. God is good all the time.